Emotional trauma treatment
Emotional trauma is a result of an extraordinarily stressful event that shatters your sense of security, making you feel helpless in a dangerous world. Traumatic experiences often involve a threat to life or safety. However, any situation that leaves you feeling overwhelmed and isolated can result in trauma, even if it doesn’t involve physical harm. Your subjective emotional experience of the event is what determines an event is traumatic not the objective circumstances.
Emotional trauma can be caused by:
- One-time events, such as an accident, injury, or a violent attack, especially if it was unexpected or happened in childhood. These events can take some time to manifest into trauma, and it can be a smell or small trigger that brings the memory back.
- Ongoing, relentless stress, such as living in a crime-ridden neighbourhood, battling a life-threatening illness or experiencing traumatic events that occur repeatedly, such as bullying, domestic violence, or childhood neglect.
- Commonly overlooked cases, such as surgery, the sudden death of someone close, the breakup of a significant relationship, or humiliating or deeply disappointing experience, especially if someone was deliberately cruel.
We all react to trauma in different ways. By experiencing a wide range of physical and emotional reactions. There is no “right” or “wrong” way to think, feel, or respond, so do not judge your own reactions and those of other people. Your responses are normal reactions to abnormal events. Emotional symptoms include:
- Shock, denial, or disbelief
- Confusion, difficulty concentrating
- Anger, irritability, mood swings
- Anxiety and fear
- Guilt, shame, self-blame
- Withdrawing from others
- Feeling sad or hopeless
- Feeling disconnected or numb
Trauma symptoms typically last from a few days to a few months, gradually fading as you process the unsettling event. You may be troubled from time to time by painful memories or emotions, especially in response to triggers such as an anniversary of the event or something that reminds you of the trauma. The following tips can help you to cope with the sense of grief, heal from the trauma, and move on with your life.
Trauma disrupts your body’s natural equilibrium, freezing you in a state of fear. It also burns off adrenaline and releases endorphins. Exercise and movement can actually help to repair your nervous system. You should, therefore, try to exercise for thirty minutes or more on most days, exercise that is rhythmic and adds a mindfulness element.
Do not isolate
You may want to withdraw from others, but isolation only makes things worse. Connecting others face to face helps you heal. You, therefore, should make an effort to maintain your relationships and avoid spending too much time alone. You need to be able to ask for support. You don’t have to talk about the trauma, but participate in social activities, reconnect with old friends, join a support group for trauma survivors, volunteer, and make new friends. Most importantly, you need to get help with emotional trauma with dedicated treatment.
Self-regulate your nervous system
No matter out of control you feel, it is essential to know that you can change your nervous system and discover techniques to calm yourself.
Recovering from trauma takes time, and everyone heals at their own pace. In order to heal from emotional trauma, you will need to resolve the unpleasant feelings and memories you have long avoided regulate strong emotions and rebuild the ability to trust. If months have passed and your symptoms aren’t letting up, you may need professional help from a trauma expert.
Chiropractic and How it Helps
Despite the fact that chiropractors are not considered degree holders or medical doctors, their contribution in alternative treatment and medicine to patients have greatly helped ease the pain of suffering individuals and somehow has given hope to those who have not recovered yet from gruelling accidents. There are many who swear by the care of chiropractors in Bexley.
The Bexley Chiropractor has dedicated all his life in this endeavour just to show that there is still hope for recovery and a silver lining of happiness waiting for those who will have faith in the Almighty and the faith that there is nothing impossible if you will just believe.
As patients move on with their lives before and after the treatment program, many still doubt the effectiveness of the procedures involved in this alternative treatment. To erase all doubts and fears once and for all, here are some relevant questions and informative answers about your Bexley chiropractor and all the chiropractors in this world.
Are chiropractors safe?
Chiropractic care involving spinal manipulation is totally safe and effective especially against acute lower back pains which might be caused by a sudden injury in lifting and or carrying objects. It is also proven through research that chiropractic is very helpful in treating common headaches and neck pains.
What are the benefits of chiropractic?
With your friendly and caring chiropractor, you will be treated from the following sickness or illness :
- Maintains your normal blood pressure
- Neck and lower back pain can be managed well with a chiropractic adjustment
- Scoliosis patients will have proper training on what to do during shortness of breath
- Treats sciatica
- Reduces inflammation of joints
- Gives remedy to common headaches
- Neurological conditions will greatly improve
- It’s beneficial to children, teens and adults alike
What are the risks of chiropractic treatment?
Some serious complications connected with chiropractic adjustment are overall rare but may include the possibilities of:
- Disk herniation may turn worse
- Nerves in the lower spinal column can be compressed
- A certain type of stroke after neck manipulation
How often should I go to a chiropractor?
Common back and neck pains are usually treated for a week or two depending on the physical condition of a patient. A few, periodic sessions or once a month is ideal to attend check-ups with your chiropractor. For patients with special needs, the examination or check-up will probably be longer because the doctor needs to study and go over the medical records before deciding on a treatment applicable. Frequent visits depend on the individual’s condition, contributory factors, and symptoms depending on the condition.
Why should I go to a chiropractor other than a doctor of medicine?
First and foremost, their training is entirely different from each other. The pain you are experiencing could be caused by problems on muscular misalignment. A chiropractor assures you that if you go to the treatment on time and follow specific instructions, you will have an optimal body performance all your life through.
When should you stop chiropractic treatment?
Patients who are already free from symptoms should decide to discontinue after a week if there is no noticeable improvement on their part. Also, a person should never undergo spinal manipulation without a good reason. Chiropractic treatment is not a joke nor a funny thing to play with; so avail of its services only when applicable or necessary.
The teeth are the primary contributor to facilitate digestion. People bite, chew and nibble food to break it down into bits or pieces before finally swallowing it. Unknown to many, some of the food we eat sticks or remains in-between our teeth even after we gargle or brush it thoroughly. This allows acid, germs, and bacteria to settle which are basically contributors to tooth decay and toothache.
Given this situation prompts us to go and consult the experts and that is none other than your friendly dentist. Your dentists in Chermside have kept the legacy of professionalism in giving outstanding oral care in your area. Some clinics, if not the most, would welcome patients in a warm and cozy office, decorated with dim lights that seemingly will make you forget the worry or fear of sitting later in the dental chair.
Before you change your mind, you should go over first with what your dentists in Chermside can do for you. These are the services they offer for everyone:
- Tooth removal or extraction – This is the last option when a tooth is no longer capable of any oral procedure to restore it, or the pain is unmanageable on the part of the patient.
- Tooth bonding – The type of dental procedure where a tooth is still capable of being repaired by the use of tooth coloured composite known as resin. The material is compatible with the patient’s teeth, enamel, and dentin thereby giving the comfort identical to the natural or original tooth. The adhesive is applied to the affected part; thus preventing further decay. Other benefits include giving back colour to discoloured teeth, reduce gaps between teeth and repair chipped or fractured teeth.
- Gum surgery – also known in many terms like gingival graft or periodontal plastic surgery. This dental procedure involves grafting of the gum tissue. The primary objective of which is to cover exposed root surfaces or merely to augment the band of keratinised tissues.
- Root canal – a procedure involving a treatment sequence for the infected pulp of the tooth which results in the elimination of an infection and the protection of the decontaminated tooth from future microbial contamination.
Major restorative care
- Dental crown – In dentistry, a crown refers to the anatomical area of the teeth usually covered with enamel. The crown is generally visible in the mouth after developing below the gingiva and then erupting into place. If part of the tooth becomes chipped or broken, a dentist can apply or place an artificial crown.
- Dentures – refers to prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth and are supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity. Conventional dentures are removable. However, there a lot of denture designs, some of which rely or depend on clasping or bonding onto teeth or dental implants.
- Dental bridges – is a fixed dental restoration used to replace one or more missing teeth by joining an artificial tooth definitively to adjacent teeth or dental implants. A traditional dental bridge consists of a false tooth or tooth being held in place by dental crowns that have been cemented onto each of the abutment teeth. A traditional bridge is the most popular type of dental bridge and can be used when you have natural teeth on both sides of the gap created by your missing tooth.
Minor restorative dental care
Your dentists in Chermside also offers basic restorative care like the following:
- Dental fillings
- Cosmetic dentistry such as whitening, implants, and veneers
Why use a Plant Based Protein Powder
Protein is one of the building blocks of a healthy diet. In fact without protein we would actually cease to exist. There is no wonder why nutritionists can’t stress enough upon the importance of proteins. While everyone would like to get the required dose of protein, not everyone eats the kinds of food which could immediately help improve their protein uptake. This also by no means an indication that you should start eating pounds of red meat just to get the required protein intake. Plant proteins can help fulfil those needs just as well.
One way of getting the right amount of protein in your diet is with the help of protein powders. You may be wondering that why should a layperson worry about protein powders, aren’t those for gym buffs only. Protein powder is in fact helpful for everyone. Those looking to gain weight, those who want to lose weight and also for those who simply want to remain healthy.
You can either choose to take animal protein powders or plant protein powders. However, there are several benefits of taking plant protein powders, which are as follows:
- One major reason why you should take plant based protein powder is because it is good for the environment. Whereas animal farms take up a great deal of space and also make use of a great deal of natural resources, plant based proteins come from the basic units of life which is a plant.
- It is a clean and natural way of getting all the required nutrients into your body.
- Whey protein may be great for achieving that perfect form but there are quite a few people who find themselves allergic to whey. For such people plant based protein powders are easier to digest.
- Some protein powders also contain gluten, whereas plant based protein powders are gluten free. So if you suffer from a gluten allergy, plant based protein powders could be the answer.
- One other reason why plant based powders are so much more effective is because they contain a good amount of fibre. Fibre makes you help feel fuller and can keep those hunger pangs at bay. Plus fiber is great for the digestion as well.
- Most people prefer a non-vegetarian diet. However such a diet can increase the amount of acidity in the body. On top of it if they take in animal based protein powders they might have high amounts of acidity. Whereas plats can help balance all that acidity because they are more inclined towards the alkaline side of the pH scale.
- Also plants are high in anti-oxidants. Not only can they help you get an adequate amount of proteins there are other beneficial vitamins and minerals found in plants as well. For example flax seeds are good in omega3 fats which makes them ideal for someone looking for a heart healthy diet.
- Choose a plant protein powder which is made up of a combination of different plant proteins to get the most benefit from the protein powder.
Bulging Disc Therapy
Our vertebral column is formed by vertebrae, and between the individual vertebral bones, there are elastic and elastic discs, so that it seems to be in a position similar to a pile. These discs serve as cushions for the movements of the spine. They resemble a jelly donut, which has an outer core (fibrous ring) formed by concentric sheets of collagen fibre and the inner core (nucleus pulposus).
Unlike a herniated disc condition, in bulging discs, there is no tear or rupture in the resistant outer. Naturally, with age, these discs eventually wear out. The disc loses its shape and moves out of its normal position to the spine due to the pressure of the disc nucleus. Therefore, it is often called disk protrusion.
A herniated disc is a relatively common condition that rarely requires surgery. It is interesting to note that although 80% of adults will experience back pain, only 1-2% will require surgery.
Bulging discs are a common source of back pain and can be very damaging to people’s lifestyle. Sometimes this type of back pain can be relieved by moderate exercise and changes in the patient’s lifestyle. But when the lump grows to a point where these changes are no longer effective, alternative treatments must be used. So what is the best way to treat bulging disc pain?
Non-surgical treatments for bulging disc
People may consider going to a physical therapist, a chiropractor or an acupuncturist. If necessary, the doctor will refer the patient to a physical therapist. Some bulging disc therapy includes passive treatments with cold or heat, deep tissue massage, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound.
These kinds of treatments will help the patient to prepare for therapeutic exercises, the active part of physical therapy. Many patients are helped by spinal manipulation by a chiropractor who makes moderate adjustments to help restore the function of the spine. While acupuncture can control pain, it should be combined with other treatments such as exercise.
Depending on the location and severity of the condition, conservative treatments are usually performed before considering any surgical procedure. However, if there is no improvement in the patient’s condition, the doctor will advise surgery.
The most common symptoms of bulging disc are the following:
- Localised pain
- Tingling sensations
- Muscle spasms
- Loss of motor skills
Bulging disc causes
A bulging disc is a common disease that is usually found in middle-aged people. It occurs when the pressure of the inner core of the disc causes the outer wall to protrude into the spinal column, which can cause pinched nerves that cause numbness, weakness and tingling in the arms and hands to the fingers and down the extremities.
- Spinal trauma
- Of smoking
- Poor nutrition
- Bad posture
Bulging disc or herniated disc?
When it comes to bulging discs or herniated discs, these have to be evaluated carefully. Usually, it is mistakenly considered to be the same as a herniated disc, but there is a difference. It is much less serious and in most cases shows no symptoms. Therefore, it is possible that people have a bulging disk without realizing everything. However, it is possible that the protruding disc may cause a pinched nerve or eventually cause a herniated disc condition that can cause unbearable pain in the neck to the arms and fingers and also in the lower extremities.
Have you always dreamed of a bright and beautiful smile? For most people this dream can easily be realised when they undergo dental surgery in Hervey Bay. While many people are blessed with even and lovely teeth, to achieve that ultra-glamorous Hollywood smile, you need to undergo a few cosmetic procedures.
Even if you don’t want to completely alter your smile, one or two dental procedures can actually bring about a positive change. The following are a few things you need to know about cosmetic dental surgery in Hervey Bay.
The basics of cosmetic dental surgery in Hervey Bay
- Getting white and even teeth even at a dentist’s office is a procedure which would require days and many visit. You may have noticed several ads which show a person with crooked and yellowed teeth walk out with a million dollar smile. While achieving that smile is a reality but it isn’t an overnight procedure. You would need to go to the dentist office for fittings and proper veneers need to be inserted. It could easily take up a month of visit to get that brilliant smile you crave. So make sure to exercise patience while undergoing any dental procedure.
- For any cosmetic procedure you need to keep an open mind and have a great deal of patience. There would be days when you would find yourself sitting in the dentist chair experiencing some form of discomfort. While dentists ensure that they use the right amount of anaesthesia, some people still experience little pain. It’s all a part of parcel of getting that glorious smile.
- A visit to the dentist can be pretty expensive. Though there is insurance coverage but it’s not available for all cosmetic procedures. Make sure you have saved up quite a bit before walking in for dental surgery.
- While dental procedures are standard irrespective of whatever hospital or clinic you visit, it’s not the case when it comes to cosmetic dental surgery. There are several customised products which a cosmetic procedure requires and ever dentist doesn’t use the same set of products or tools. Therefore the cost of cosmetic dental surgery can vary a great deal.
- Also keep in mind that restorative dental surgery is not the same as cosmetic dental surgery. While the aim of the former is restoring teeth, cosmetic procedures are aimed towards the finished look. Your surgeon is focused on helping you achieve that beautiful smile.
- While most people consider surgery to be a painful process which would require days to heal, it isn’t the case with cosmetic dental surgery. The use of anaesthesia makes the procedures almost pain free. While there is little discomfort but it’s quite bearable. The right dentist would make sure that they complete the procedure with the patient experiencing s little pain as possible. All it takes is someone who is experienced to carry out a cosmetic dental surgery.
Family Chiro Centre
Choosing A High-Quality Perth Family Chiro Centre
The best decision you can make to you and your family is deciding on a high-quality Chiro Centre for all chiropractic treatments. You need to ensure that the chosen Centre is the experienced one, has a highly trained personnel, and provides high-quality services. By considering the tips below, you will be in a position of choosing the right Chiropractic Centre in Perth.
Asking people you know
The first way to get across the best family Chiro Centre is to ask from friends, relatives or family members. By doing this, you will get to learn about the Chiro Centre and choose the best one form the given choices. Don’t fail to ask them about the experience they encountered with that family Chiropractor Perth. This becomes the best way of choosing the right family wellness and health centre if the opinions are from the trustable and the people you know. Also, you can learn about the centres by reading online reviews.
Is the centre offering other therapies in-house?
Usually, you will come across other Chiro Centres offering additional therapies which play an essential role in complementing chiropractic care. This is an indication that the respective wellness centre is ready to help the patients achieve optimal wellness. In this case, depending on the reasons to meet the family chiropractor, you may end up benefiting from receiving other services like the spine and joint treatments, physiatrics services, 3D spinal decompression, and acupuncture. When all these treatments are conducted from the same place, you end up saving a lot of stress and time. Moreover, this type of Chiro Centre creates an extra piece of mind when you know that all the chiropractors are always after providing the best treatment plan for you and your family members.
What type of insurance do they accept?
It is essential to ask the Chiro Centre about the insurance plans they accept. As a result, this will ensure that every cost you incur receiving chiropractic care and any other treatment, remain covered. For this case, you can decide to contact the organisation to confirm this or visit their online web page and check about their insurance information.
What about the practitioners’ credentials?
Learning about the chiropractors’ education and experience in the field is essential before choosing the Chiro Center as the right one for you and your family. Also, you can learn about the chiropractors’ education by calling them or visiting their online webpage where you will get all information concerning their education and experience in the field.
Create a comparison of health philosophies
Ensure that the health philosophy of the Chiro Centre matches with yours before assigning them the task. For example, if you’re believing that your body is in a position of healing itself naturally, ensure that you go for the family Chiro Centre that accepts this type of approach.
Mostly, you will realise that the majority of the millennial’s parents have opted to the route of the holistic chiropractors for their children because there are not or do not wish to rely on the antibiotics for keeping their body health. However, if they make a mistake and go to chiropractic centre that does not believe on the same, they will end up becoming dissatisfied with the kind of services they get.
How A Company Benefits Through Physical Awards And Trophies To Employees
As competition across the globe becomes ever more cut throat companies have recommitted themselves to nurturing what is arguably their most valuable asset – their employees.
Now that technology has allowed even smaller companies to play on the same marketing playing field as larger organizations it is increasingly apparent that the competitiveness of a company will be dictated by the strength of their human resources. After sales service and client relations are increasingly the differentiating factor between those companies that succeed and those that will fall by the wayside.
However, as companies realize this they also have begun to realize that rewards for those employees who boast exceptional performance are absolutely pivotal if the company wishes to retain their services. This is especially important given the fact that the job markets across the world are now starting to recover and many organizations are ramping up their efforts to actively lure skilled employees away from their current employers.
One of the ways that a company can ensure that employee retention efforts are effective is to make informed use of physical awards and trophies. However, the key here is to make these awards meaningful. Not only must they serve as a physical manifestation of the value that the company places in those employees, but they must also make a tangible difference to the lives of the recipients – both within the working environment and in their personal lives.
The company not not only benefits through increased employee retention. It also benefits through increased productivity which is in turn based on increased employee moral and the buy in to the ethos of the company and its commitment to the employees.
But even while noting benefits such as increased productivity it is also important to take note of the intangibles. One of these is happiness. recognition of effort has been shown to increase both job satisfaction and happiness – and research has demonstrated again and again that a happy employee contributes on a number of levels, not only to the bottom line – they also make those in their team happy as well, the knock on effects should not be underestimated.
There are several ways that a company can use trophies and awards to encourage employee loyalty and buy into the brand ethos of the company. However, the golden rule musts till remain that the rewards must be tangible.
Whether it is a trophy based on performance or a certificate the awards should be highly visible. have an awards ceremony and gather staff together. Have it catered. Show that the company values each and every employee, not just those have have gone that extra mile in a particular month. The purpose of the award is to motivate an entire staff contingent – not just the recipient.
And perhaps just as importantly link the award or trophy with something that makes the recipient happy. A gift certificate, a paid weekend away, a day at the spa, a meal at an upmarket restaurant. Make sure that the award touches not only their professional life but their personal life as well – and ideally the loves of their families.
Simple Software That Will Help Your Business Grow
Having the right software could make the difference between getting things done easily or having tasks linger on your to-do list forever. There are plenty of small business software on the market today. But all of these software systems are not created equally. That is where your research becomes so important when choosing the best small business software on the market. We spoke to an IT consultant (ITMA) and here are are some of the simple software systems on the market that will help grow your small business.
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software for a small business. They offer both desktop and cloud versions of the software. In fact, you can choose the right version of the software depending on the needs of your business. The software system is quite affordable compared to most of the other systems out there. But you will need a fair bit of training to master the system. FreshBooks is another popular accounting software on the market today. If QuickBooks is too expensive or difficult to master, you can use FreshBooks for your small business. This is a cloud-based system that supports over 50 integrations – including email and payroll programs. This software offers a 30-day free trial and a subscription-based pricing starting from $19.95 per month. Wave Accounting is another cloud-based accounting software on the market today. In fact, this system has been regarded as the best free accounting software for a small business by the Business News Daily. This system is ideal for businesses that have fewer than 10 employees. You can pay $9 per month and access more features of this software system.
Zenefits is one of the best all-in-one human resources software system on the market today. It will give you access to a wide range of functions such as payroll processing, management, onboarding tools, and many more. The features of this software could be set to run automatically after the initial configuration. This will significantly reduce your time spent on such tasks on an ongoing basis. On the other hand, if your small business uses contractors other than the regular staff, the software makes it easier for you to manage their details as well. BambooHR is considered a cloud-based software system for human resources purposes. It has a simple and intuitive interface designed for small and medium-sized businesses. The system could be integrated with many other payroll and applicant tracking software programs on the market today. sumHR is another popular human resources software system on the market today. It will focus on payroll functions, attendance, and leave. The provider of this system plans to add a host of new features in order to facilitate small and medium businesses on the market.
Are you searching for the best software systems to grow your small business? If so, you have come to the right place. There are hundreds of such software systems on the market, but all of them are not the same. The above mentioned article provides information on some of the best simple software that will help your business grow.
The Secret Tips For Successfully Training Employees
Successfully training your employees will have a positive impact on your business and this is something that all managers and business owners need to consider. The problem is that many people do not know how to successfully train their employees. Fortunately, we spoke to one of the best traffic management training companies in Perth and they gave us a few secret tips that you can use to help you train your employees successfully.
Offer On-Demand Training
Your employees will want to be able to learn anywhere and anytime. This is particularly important if you have remote or mobile employees who are not able to go to your office for training. This is one of the reasons why you should look at offering on-demand training to your employees.
When you have training materials such as documents, videos and slides available to all your employees all the time, you are able to create a rich learning environment. Most of the equipment required to do this will probably be at your disposal already. Even if you do not want to create a full on-demand training programme, you should think about a self-paced e-learning library for job orientation.
Use Social Media
There are 2 ways that you can leverage social media to your advantage when training employees. The first is to train your new employees on the social media policies of your business. The second is to leverage social media to train your employees on platforms that they are already actively using.
A YouTube training channel is one of the most commonly used by companies. You will be able to create short training videos, upload them and allow your staff to watch them. You could also create a Facebook group specifically for questions and training because most people have a Facebook account. These groups can be set to private and will be a great resource for any new employees that you have.
Gamify Your Training Process
A popular buzzword in corporate jargon is gamification because this actually works. When you do this, you will be turning something into a game. You can motivate people with the use of points and a sense of accomplishment which is often used by games.
Many people do not realize how easy it is to add a gaming aspect to their training. You can do something simple like adding a progress bar to the training or you can give people points and badges when they complete something. When your employees perform well on a test or quiz related to the training, you could provide them with a game-type award.
Use Technology For Distance Training
If you have remote workers, mobile employees or satellite offices, you need to look at technology to help your training. Skype and other VoIP services which offer screen sharing can easily be used to complete distance training. This will lower the costs of the training as people do not have to commute to the head office.
There are a lot of tips that you should consider to help train your employees. Making training fun through incorporating gaming is one tip to focus on as is using technology to help with distance training.