The teeth are the primary contributor to facilitate digestion. People bite, chew and nibble food to break it down into bits or pieces before finally swallowing it. Unknown to many, some of the food we eat sticks or remains in-between our teeth even after we gargle or brush it thoroughly. This allows acid, germs, and bacteria to settle which are basically contributors to tooth decay and toothache.
Given this situation prompts us to go and consult the experts and that is none other than your friendly dentist. Your dentists in Chermside have kept the legacy of professionalism in giving outstanding oral care in your area. Some clinics, if not the most, would welcome patients in a warm and cozy office, decorated with dim lights that seemingly will make you forget the worry or fear of sitting later in the dental chair.
Before you change your mind, you should go over first with what your dentists in Chermside can do for you. These are the services they offer for everyone:
- Tooth removal or extraction – This is the last option when a tooth is no longer capable of any oral procedure to restore it, or the pain is unmanageable on the part of the patient.
- Tooth bonding – The type of dental procedure where a tooth is still capable of being repaired by the use of tooth coloured composite known as resin. The material is compatible with the patient’s teeth, enamel, and dentin thereby giving the comfort identical to the natural or original tooth. The adhesive is applied to the affected part; thus preventing further decay. Other benefits include giving back colour to discoloured teeth, reduce gaps between teeth and repair chipped or fractured teeth.
- Gum surgery – also known in many terms like gingival graft or periodontal plastic surgery. This dental procedure involves grafting of the gum tissue. The primary objective of which is to cover exposed root surfaces or merely to augment the band of keratinised tissues.
- Root canal – a procedure involving a treatment sequence for the infected pulp of the tooth which results in the elimination of an infection and the protection of the decontaminated tooth from future microbial contamination.
Major restorative care
- Dental crown – In dentistry, a crown refers to the anatomical area of the teeth usually covered with enamel. The crown is generally visible in the mouth after developing below the gingiva and then erupting into place. If part of the tooth becomes chipped or broken, a dentist can apply or place an artificial crown.
- Dentures – refers to prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth and are supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity. Conventional dentures are removable. However, there a lot of denture designs, some of which rely or depend on clasping or bonding onto teeth or dental implants.
- Dental bridges – is a fixed dental restoration used to replace one or more missing teeth by joining an artificial tooth definitively to adjacent teeth or dental implants. A traditional dental bridge consists of a false tooth or tooth being held in place by dental crowns that have been cemented onto each of the abutment teeth. A traditional bridge is the most popular type of dental bridge and can be used when you have natural teeth on both sides of the gap created by your missing tooth.
Minor restorative dental care
Your dentists in Chermside also offers basic restorative care like the following:
- Dental fillings
- Cosmetic dentistry such as whitening, implants, and veneers