Shower stretchers comprise of four wheels which has a mesh fabric stretched on the metal frame. These structures can be used folded down for resting on the rim of the bath. You also have the option of going for a wall mounted shower stretcher. These also double up as changing facility.
Shower stretchers allow the caregivers to safely and discreetly administer hygiene to the patient. It is important that the patient is kept clean at all times. These can help maintain patient comfort to quite an extent. These are especially useful for patients who are bedridden. It is one of the safest and most effective ways of administering personal hygiene to the patient.
At first the user is hoisted on to the stretcher by the caregiver. These structures come with an adjustable height option. It is advisable that the stretches should be at its lowest point when the user is getting on it this precious can help make showering easier for the caregiver. They do not have to worry about losing control while they are they doing their patients.
Tips for buying a shower stretcher
There are certain varieties of features and options which you should consider when buying a shower structure. These include the following:
- You should consider the material from which the shower stretcher has been built. Stretchers are supposed to be sturdy and durable. These also need to be designed from a water resistant material both in the frame as well as the pad construction. Usually the scratches are made from lightweight water resistant polyvinyl pipes. Other options include stainless steel or zinc plated steel frames.
- The pads in the stretcher come with drainage holes which allow the water to drain easily onto the shower floor without accumulating in the pad. There are certain designs which are configured with the drain Pan which catches the wastewater and takes it down the drainage holes.
- The next thing you should consider is the care and maintenance of the shower stretchers. It is important to take care and maintain the stretcher. It should be easy to clean thereby reducing the burden on the caregiver.
- One of the most important aspects of shower stretchers in hospital is the mobility which it provides. You should ensure that it is made from the right kind of waterproof casters. This casters heavy no rest feature which allows this for long lasting use in any kind of wet environment.
- It is better if you choose a structure which has a higher weight capacity to accommodate patients of all weights. While these are definitely a bit expensive these would still prove to be quite useful in the long run.
- Another important feature to consider is the side rails. Since patients need to be transported from one place to another it is important that the side rails are present to keep the patients safely within the surface of the stretcher.
Keeping these things in mind would allow you to buy the right kind of shower stretcher.